A History of the University of Otago, 1869-1919
Brasch LG741 D8 TF32
Dunedin: J. Wilkie and Co.
In 1875, land that formed part of the botanical reserve was earmarked for the construction of new University buildings. This new location was favoured because it was near the Otago Museum in Great King Street, the museum being an important resource for students in their zoological, medical, and botanical studies. The current Registry building was completed in 1879, minus, for many years, a clock in the tower. The photographs in Thompson’s History depict the early days of development.
G.E. Thompson, “A History of the University of Otago, 1869-1919,” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed September 26, 2023, https://ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/11348.