Dunedin Exchange Building.
Hocken Pictorial Collections - 84-2469
Elevated south-west view of the first building that housed the University of Otago between 1871 and 1878. The building was designed by the architects Mason and Wales and was originally intended to be Dunedin’s post office. Dominating the stock exchange site in Princes Street, it was completed between the years 1864 to 1868. In the 1960s the building was demolished to make way for John Wickliffe House.
unknown, “Dunedin Exchange Building.,” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed December 5, 2022, https://ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/5964.