View of part of Dunedin from Stafford St, with the upper Harbour, November 1851.

Alternative Title

View of part of Dunedin from Stafford St, with the upper Harbour, November 1851. Back of Cap Cargill’s old house in Princes St to which Otago Witness office was removed in 1861 & where first number of Daily Times was printed. Looking across to Waverley, section at back occupied in the sixties by Cobb & Co’s stabling Stafford St. [Copied by E.M. Hocken after G.B. Shaw. n.d.]

Identifier

Hocken Pictorial Collections - 12,752
a9798

Description

Lower left (l.l.) - l.r. in ink: Back of Cap Cargillís old house in Princes St to which Otago Witness office was removed in 1861 & where first number of Daily Times was printed. Looking across to Waverley, section at back occupied in the sixties by Cobb & Coís stabling Stafford St. E.M.H.; verso in pencil: Book sent to Mrs Hocken.

Extent

177 x 253 mm

Medium

pen, ink & wash on paper

Spatial Coverage

Provenance

Dr T.M. Hocken’s Collection.

Source

Dr T.M. Hocken’s Collection.

Files

a9798.jpg

Citation

Hocken, Elizabeth Mary, 1848-1933 and Shaw, George B. (George Baird), 1812-1883, “View of part of Dunedin from Stafford St, with the upper Harbour, November 1851.,” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed October 1, 2022, https://ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/5784.