Mount Charles, Otago Peninsula, from the Camp.
Hocken Pictorial Collections - 13,253
1. It appears to have been mounted and titled for Mrs Buckland. 2. The site of Larnach Castle was known as the Camp by 1876, but not by 1867. Therefore, the date given on the mount title could either be a typographical mistake or reflect the date it was mounted.
Lower centre (l.c.) with brush: G. O’Brien 1867; on original mount in pencil (O’Brien’s hand): Mount Charles. Otago Peninsula from the Camp. George O’Brien pxt 1876; verso mount: mt only MG Buckland paid.
181 x 285 mm (pasted to card)
watercolour & opaque white on paper
Given by Mrs M.G. Buckland, Christchurch, via her sister, Mrs Herbert Price, Dunedin, 1957.
Landscapes & Cityscapes
O'Brien, George, 1821-1888, “Mount Charles, Otago Peninsula, from the Camp.,” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed February 9, 2023, https://ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/5745.