Mouth of Otago, from the Settlement. May 1 1844.
Entrance to Otago Harbour. May 1 1844.
Hocken Pictorial Collections - 94/272 a
Upper centre (u.c.) - u.r. of b in pencil: Mouth of Otago - from the Settlement May 1/44; u.c. of b in blue-black ink: 9 Entrance to Otago harbour - May 1 1844; verso a in pencil: Entrance to Otago Ap.l 1844
sheet 1 of 2 sheets of paper forming: 103 x 413 mm
pencil on paper
Bought with the assistance of the University of Otago Heritage Fund and Hocken Library Endowment funds.
Bought 4 November 1994 from John Barnicoat, Taupo, with 3 diaries and a collection of sketches by J.W. Barnicoat. Two of the diaries were given to Dr T.M. Hocken and returned to J.W. Barnicoat at his request in 1888, after TMH, his wife & a hired penman copied most of the journals & some illustrations. Copies are at M.,1 51 and include a note regarding history.
Barnicoat sketchbook 09:44.04 verso
Is Part Of
Seascapes & Marines
Barnicoat, John Wallis, 1814-1905, “Mouth of Otago, from the Settlement. May 1 1844.,” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed February 9, 2023, https://ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/5555.