New Plymouth. The old N.Z. Company’s office, Courtenay Street. 1848.
Hocken Pictorial Collections - 11,734
Lower left (l.l.) in pencil: T.G. May 1848; on mount in ink in Dr Hocken’s hand: New Plymouth. The old N.Z. Co’s office, Courtenay S.t, brought out from England in 1840 - afterwards the Land & Survey office. Pukaka Pa (Marsland Hill) is shown to the right. Its top was cut off in 1856 by the Royal Engineers & occupied by the 58th Regiment. Sketch by Cap. Tho.s Good. T.M. Hocken.
132 x 328 mm
pencil on paper
Dr T.M. Hocken’s Collection.
Given to Dr Hocken by S.P. Smith; Dr T.M. Hocken’s Collection.
Good, Thomas, “New Plymouth. The old N.Z. Company’s office, Courtenay Street. 1848.,” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed December 12, 2023, https://ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/5303.