Beauly Bridge 1862. [Taieri Ferry Bridge.]
Hocken Pictorial Collections - 92/1331
The Taieri Ferry Bridge which replaced Harrold’s ferry. Tollkeeper’s house at far end. Painting by the architect 1862
Lower left (l.l.) with brush: J.T. Thomson 1870; u.r. in pencil: 6; on mount with brush: Beauly Bridge 1862; on mount in pencil in donor’s hand: Drawbridge & Tollkeeper’s house p. 26 “Taieri River Mouth”
540 x 757 mm
watercolour & opaque white on paper
Given by the Hall-Jones family, Invercargill, 1992 [Given by Geoffrey Hall-Jones, John Hall-Jones & Gerard Hall-Jones, sons of the late Marjorie Hall-Jones, a granddaughter of John Turnbull Thomson].
Is Part Of
Thomson sketchbook volume 6
Thomson, John Turnbull, “Beauly Bridge 1862. [Taieri Ferry Bridge.],” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed December 1, 2023, https://ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/4846.